Flexible printed circuit boards
MADE IN GERMANY
Flex printed circuit boards are the method of choice for making engineering work easier when complex geometries are involved.
Savings on space, weight and cost together with increased reliability of the electrical connections are just some of the benefits provided by flexible printed circuit boards.
Our PCBs in the Flex-Pool are exclusively manufactured in Germany.
The minimum surface area for calculating the base price is 15.5 sq.inches
.A surface area of up to 77.5 sq.inches
is possible in the Flex-Pool. We offer delivery times of 10, 16 or 22 business days. Please feel free to have larger unit quantities calculated using PCB-OVERSEAS
You can conveniently perform the calculation
of your single-sided or double-sided Flex circuit boards in our Online order system
||Base price factor
The base price factor 1.0 corresponds to the following standard delivery times for single-sided or double-sided flexible PCBs: 22 business days.
We always use polyimide films as the base material. They provide various advantages over other films. LCP, PEN, and PET films have various drawbacks such as low temperature resistance or a high price.
||> 6.2 lbf in
||3.6 (1 MHz)
|Stability in the soldering bath
||550.4 °F (> 10 s)
FLEXIBLE PROTECTIVE FILMS
A Kapton®/acrylic based cover is used in the Flex pool. It ensures, for example, high dielectric strength.
PROPERTIES OF THE MATERIALS
The polyamide film materials used in our Flex technology differ from rigid circuit board materials in essential respects:
• The copper adhesion decreases considerably with increasing temperature
• The material absorbs six times more water than FR4
• Greater production tolerances due to larger dimensional changes in the production process
Download our data sheet
here as needed.
• Bending radius of around 6 x the Flex material thickness for single-sided Flex layers and around 12 x the Flex material thickness for double-sided Flex layers
• Select the greatest possible conductor path widths and clearances in the Flex range
• The bending area should have parallel, equally wide conductor paths running vertically to the bending line and having the same insulation resistance.
• Continuously tapered transitions from wide to narrow conductor tracks are optimal.
• Transitions from wide to narrow conductor tracks in the 90°angle should be made using the largest possible radii.
• The conductor paths on double-sided flexible parts should be symmetrically offset
• Provide large, cut-out Cu surfaces in the layout if possible
• Select soldering surfaces to be as large as possible - select soldering point diameters at least twice as large as the hole diameters
• Design conductor path connections to the soldering points to be droplet-shaped and rounded.
• Size cover film openings which are not photo-structured to be around 1 mm larger in circumference
• Always provide smooth (round) milling transitions
• Provide additional copper paths as tearing protection on the target bending points for flexible jibs
• Partial mechanical reinforcements can be added in the mating or assembly areas (thickness: 0.3 mm).
The flexible circuit boards must be dried during the assembly and soldering process. They must then be processed within 8 hours.
Please note the data sheet "Drying (tempering) circuit boards"
|Number of layers
||Single-sided or double-sided
||50 μm (2 mil)
||18 µm (0.7 mil)
|Circuit board thickness
||0.2 mm (8 mil)
|Max. size of the circuit board
||Length: 15.75 inches / Width: 9.84 inches
|Min. size of the circuit board
||Length: 0.39 inches / Width: 1.38 inches
|Flex cover film
||Clearance: 500 μm (19.7 mil)
|Min. conductor width / conductor clearance
||150 μm (5.9 mil)
||Via diameter: 300 μm (11.8 mil)
|Min. via-via spacing
||450 μm (17.7 mil)
|Min. milling radius
||500 μm (19.7 mil)
|Min. copper-contour clearance
||300 μm (11.8 mil)
Download our data sheet here as needed.